Mandarin Museum & Historical Society
In 1902, the estate of William W. Webb sold his 10-acre farm to Walter Jones, an English immigrant. Jones, becoming postmaster of Mandarin, opened the Mandarin General Store & Post Office on this property. He and his descendents operated the store from 1911 through 1964. Acquired by the City of Jacksonville and fully restored, the building serves as a public museum and home office to the Mandarin Historical Society. The city of Jacksonville named this park is named in honor of the store’s first proprietor, Walter Jones, and is currently restoring other structures from the original Webb farm. This property is listed in the National Register of Historical Places.